Buy Now $391.00
- Learn from an editor and reporter for some of the world's top newspapers who teaches leading journalists how to improve their writing skills.
- Learn on any device and any browser over a 12 month period.
- The course comprises of video lectures, notes and exercises for students.
Learn how to improve your writing from someone who trains top journalists
- Make your business writing outshine your peers
- Ensure your sales prospects instantly 'get' your product
- Attract loyal readers to your blog
- Get more clicks (and conversions) on your website
- Get your CV to the top of the must-see interview pile
- Make your essays the slickest in your class
Writing isn't just another skill. It's one of the most important you need for conveying a professional image and climbing up the career ladder. But while plenty of people can write, very few have mastered the craft of writing with style and flair. Top journalists are among those people. They know heaps of tricks, tactics and principles to make their writing stand out dramatically from the crowd. Here, in this course, the tutor reveals those writing secrets to you in over 30 lectures lasting just over 3 hours. Once you've mastered them, you'll realise it's always been as easy as understanding a few key principles and then applying them. This is perhaps your only chance to learn these tactics from somebody who teaches some of the world's leading journalists how to improve their writing. By the end of the course, you'll know exactly how to give your writing a massive edge over the work of your colleagues and competitors.
- Module 1: Introduction - The World Of Elite Writing, The Secret Sauce Of Flair
- Module 2: Simplicity - Economy, Economy, Overcomplicating Things, Plainer Is Better, Too Much Information, Redundant Words, Overstretching Thoughts, Active Versus Passive, Reversing Into Sentences, Unnecessary Ceremony
- Module 3: Clarity - Fuzzy Thinking, Jargon, Ambiguity, Crisp Distinctions, Removing Clutter, Mixing Tenses, Misplaced Modifiers, Curly Sentences, This And That, "It" Versus "They"
- Module 4: Elegance - House Style, Unsightly Widows, Pristine Paragraphs, Word Echoes, Alternative Words, Parallel Ideas, Narrative Elegance
- Module 5: Conclusion
- Module 6: Elite Writer's Checklist