Buy Now $418.00
- Includes over 73 video lectures and documents
- You will develop a vocabulary of appropriate terminology to effectively communicate information related to the anatomy and physiology of the following body systems: integumentary, skeletal, nervous, and muscular.
- To be able to understand, identify, and describe the basic anatomical structures associated with cells and tissue, integumentary, muscular, skeletal, and nervous systems.
- Learn to describe how all parts of the human body contribute to the maintenance of homeostasis.
Learn to understand the anatomy of your body, how to give special care to each of its systems to aid in carrying out its functionalities with ease to keep you in a state of equilibrium.
This course consists of more than 75 video lectures and documents from which you will learn to describe how all parts of the human body contribute to the maintenance of homoeostasis. You may be an Anatomy and Physiology faculty looking to adopt low-cost, media-rich supplemental materials, or a Practitioner in health and related fields (e.g. public health, health literacy, or nursing). The course is also suited to anyone with an interest in the human body and its systems.
- Module 1: An Introduction to the Human Body - Why study Anatomy and Physiology?, Levels of Structural Organisation, Cellular Metabolism, Homeostasis, Anatomical Terms & Directions, Check Your Understanding
- Module 2: The Chemical Level of Organisation - Human Chemistry, Composition of Matter & the Human Body, Molecules, Compounds & Macromolecules, Chemical Bonds, Enzyme Function, How Enzymes Catalyse Reactions, Salts & other Inorganic Compounds, Acids, Bases and pH, Check Your Understanding
- Module 3: The Cellular Level of Organisation - Cell Function & Types, Signal Transduction, Membrane Transport, Passive Transport Processes, Active Transport Processes, Transport Mechanisms other than Passive or Active, Cell Organisation & Specialization, Cellular Respiration, Gene Expression, Gene Expression- DNA & RNA, The Cell Life Cycle- Interphase, The Cell Life Cycle- Cell Division, Clinical Application: Stem Cell Research, Check Your Understanding
- Module 4: The Tissue Level of Organisation - Tissue Types, Overview of Tissues, Epithelial Tissues, Connective Tissues, Tissue Repair, Regeneration and Engineering, Check Your Understanding
- Module 5: The Integumentary System - The Skin & Its Layers, What is Skin & Why Do You Need It?, Pigment & Skin Colour, Skin & Aging, Pigment - Related Skin Problems, Case Study- Skin Cancer, Check Your Understanding
- Module 6: The Skeletal System - Bone Tissue and The Skeletal System, Skeletal System Functions - Support & Protection, Skeletal System Functions - Storage and Production, Biomechanics of the Musculo-Skeletal System, Structure of Bone, Development of Bone, Function of Bone Storage, Axial vs Appendicular Skeletal System, Case Study - Fractures & Bone Repair, Skeletal System Functions - Movements, Movements of Synovial Joints, Check Your Understanding
- Module 7: The Muscular System - Muscle Tissue & Muscular System, Introduction to The Muscular System, Excitation Contraction Coupling, Power Stroke of Cycling - Interaction with Myosin & Actin Neuromuscular Junctions, Excitation Contraction Coupling - Cardiac Muscle Tissue, Excitation Contraction Coupling - Smooth Muscle Tissue, Skeletal Muscle Energy Metabolism, Types of Muscle Fibres, Muscle Twitch Properties, Case Study: Muscular Dystrophy, Check Your Understanding