Buy Now $392.00
Learn the techniques of teaching and become your student's favourite teacher!
- Module 1: Teaching assistants and their roles in school - The Historical Perspective, Who are Teaching Assistants?, Types of TA Roles, Approaches to Teaching, The factors that Affect Learning, The Teaching Cycle, Differentiation, Teaching Methods and Teaching Assistant's Role
- Module 2: Learning and Teaching- Good Practice in Teaching, The Nature of Learning, A TA's Role in Assessment for Learning, Individual Differences / Differentiation / Personalised Learning, How Children Develop and Learn, Assessment, Types of Assessments, Assessment Strategies, What is Diagnostic Assessment?, Your Role in Assessment, The Principles of Scaffolding, The Scaffolding Process, Scaffolding Framework for TA-Pupil Interaction
- Module 3: Working Responsibilities and Relationships- Management of Teaching Assistants, Professional Practice, Ethical Issues, Sensitive Problems, Best Practice, Creating a Safe and Secure Environment, Promoting effective group work, Supporting Pupils Working in Groups: Pupil-to-Pupil Scaffolding, Supporting Pupils Working as Groups: Collaborative Learning, Developing Exploratory Talk, Delivering Intervention Programs, What is an Intervention Programme?, When is an Intervention Used?, Interventions 'Health Check', What Makes an Intervention programme Successful?
- Module 4: All about Your School- School Ethos, The Hidden Curriculum, Staff Structure, Extended Schools, Communications, Profile of Your School, Practising Fairness and Equality, The School and its Supporting System, Different Types of School, The National Curriculum, Aims and Principles of the National Curriculum, Whole Curriculum Skills and Capabilities, Communication across the Curriculum
- Module 5: Inclusive Education- A Whole-school Approach, Issues of Inclusion, Definition of SEN, Special vs. Mainstream, Labelling, Helping SEND Learners to Access the Curriculum, The SEN Code of Practice, Assessment of Special Educational Needs, Types of Special Educational Needs, Cognition and Learning Needs , Behaviour, Emotional and Social Development Needs , Communication and Interaction Needs , Sensory and / or Physical Needs, Professional development and training , Practicalities, Classroom Ground Rules
- Module 6: Managing Behaviour- Behaviour for Learning: Emotional and Social Development, Emotional and Social Behaviour, Moral Development, Understanding Behaviour, What is PSHE?, Personal Social and Health Education (PSHE), What is Citizenship Education?, Safety, Protection and First-Aid, First-Aid, Child Protection, Providing Pastoral Support