Buy Now $410.00
- Create Infographics that Sell
- Use Visual Communication for Career Advancement
- Design Audience Engaging Presentations
Learn visual storytelling while you design like a pro with PowerPoint. Create a designer eBook which captures your skills.
Learn how to create infographics that sell; use visual communication for career advancement, and design audience engaging presentations. Visual storytelling is presented as an art and science through a series of high quality video demonstrations and interactive learning experiences with an opportunity to progressively create a self-authored eBook of visual design best practices for real world use.
Software of choice can be used in the course to learn and accomplish objectives. Demonstrations will be presented with basic software tools, such as PowerPoint and Google Drive, but the principles and techniques can also be applied to high end software, Photoshop and Illustrator for example. We will be using the 2.0 version of the brain, so come with an open mind and a creative drive!
The course is self-paced, and for the video presentations - can be accomplished in the viewing time of a double feature movie. The time spent with the interactive learning modules will vary depending on your current abilities and interests. Developing this skill is a lifetime learning application which is well worth having.
- Module 1: Pursue Excellence for Visual Storytelling with Style - Introduction to Learning Strategies for Visual Storytelling with Style, Bloom's Taxonomy iGuide an Interactive eBook, Strategies for Storytelling in any Media, Visual Storytelling in a Movie Example, Visual Storytelling in a Poster Example, Screen Capture Options, Screen Capture Options Modifying Print Screen Images, Screen Capture Options Using the Snipping Tool, Client Presentation Overview, Client Presentations Capturing and Organising, Client Presentation Document Format Options, PowerPoint Options for Creating an eBook, Google Drive Options for Creating an eBook, Creating a Custom Background in PowerPoint, Creating Custom Headers for an eBook, Modifying Custom Headers for an eBook, Learning Activities and Step by Step Instructions
- Module 2: Learn and Apply Visual Storytelling Design Principles - Introduction to Visual Design Principles, Working with Vector Drawing Tools, Creating an Example of Similarity, Creating an Example of Continuation, Creating an Example of Closure, Creating an Example of Proximity, Creating an Example of Figure and Ground, Creating an Infographic for Visual Design Principles, Section 2 Learning Activities and Step by Step Instructions
- Module 3: Creating a Distinctive Style for Visual Storytelling - Creating a Single Page Style Guide, Section 3 Learning Activities and Step by Step Instructions
- Module 4: Quickly Mock Up Visual Storytelling Ideas - Outlining Ahead of Designing, Information Structure, Creating a Wireframe or Mock Up, Section 4 Learning Activities and Step by Step Instructions
- Module 5: Customize Graphics for Visual Storytelling - Understanding Bitmap and Vector Design Choices, Working with Bitmap Image Editing Tools, Copyrights, Section 5 Learning Activities and Step by Step Instructions
- Module 6: Navigate Visual Storytelling for Audience Engagement - Creating eBook Interactive Navigation Using PowerPoint, Creating eBook Interactive Navigation Using Google Drive, Section 6 Learning Activities and Step by Step Instructions
- Module 7: Design Great Audience Experiences with Usability - Usability and Accessibility, Section 7 Learning Activities and Step by Step Instructions
- Module 8: Produce Compelling Visual Storytelling with Style - Infographic Resume Learning Activities Introduction, Infographic Resume Create an Outline, Infographic Resume Search Out Examples, Infographic Resume Create a Wireframe, Infographic Resume Design Graphics, Infographic Resume Create Your Infographic Resume, Section 8 Learning Activities and Step by Step Instructions, Conclusion Congratulations Apply Visual Storytelling with Style